Thursday 19 March 2015

Refresh and Restart

For the past week or so I've been playing with the thought of setting up a website - purely for my own writing work and possibly some reviews of my favourite books and so forth. I was inspired in part by Drew McCaffrey's Dcaf Writing page - well worth checking out for those interested in up and coming writers. His page is here http://dcafwriting.com/

So, I had a little look into some of the places that help you do that (WordPress etc) and I've come to the conclusion that I really don't want to pay for the privilege. All the free options on these sites are blogs anyway - which is something I already have and used extensively (if not wisely) during my travels last year. 


So, meet the new and improved Wordplay blog. Gone are all the day to day musings on football (which I'll exclusively leave to my Twitter feed, where it's easily mutable and generally ignored - understandably). 

Gone are the vitriolic musings choc full of bile and anger that so blighted (yet entertained, if the 2000 previous page views are anything to go by) my travels last year. Fresh start, new (same) blog, improved (just deleted) efforts. 

I don't expect anyone to like it. Heck, I don't expect anyone to even pay any iota of attention to it, but that doesn't matter. If even one person enjoys the stuff I throw up on here, then I would say that's worthwhile. 

So, in a nutshell, this is what you shall all be treated to in the coming months and (with luck) years: 

  • New and old chapters from the book I've been attempting to write for the last 12 months. It's called Dekar - The Adept Chronicles. I hope it'll be a best seller one day. 
  • Updates on the progress of publishing, writing styles, observations on different books and authors that I especially enjoy and have found to be influential over the years.
  • Reviews of my favourite books and in depth (sort of) analysis of the Authors and the message they were trying to get across.
And probably a few more things when I think of them.

Now, I know what you're all thinking. How can I possibly contain so much fun and entertainment in three short bullet points? Well, I can't. Don't be silly, I know it sounds dull, but I rather enjoy it and I think I'm actually quite good at writing, so you should always do what you're good at. Or think you're good at, anyway. 

Well, there we are. I will begin uploading new stuff as soon as possible, and then I will go on a relentless spamming/marketing/advertising/harassing (in a nice way, of course, I'm essentially a gentleman) spree to get the Wordplay (har har) out there. 

I hope you enjoy it. I hope I enjoy it, too. 

CM 

No comments:

Post a Comment